The Sydney Mutualist Hareld
__________________________________________________ First Run 1967 O N O N . A L W A Y S . Number 2449 June 10, 2014
Baby it’s cold outside…
NEWSLETTER/REPORT – HARRIETTES JOINT RUN – LANE COVE
Surprise-surprise, The Harriettes Joint Run was no Easy Peasy Cupcake walk. Cleverly recciing before and setting after the morning rain, KAFIR and ALL FOURS designed a genuine 8 pointer where the Hares, managed to find almost every narrow lane, park reserve or bush trail available in the area.
Emerging from a midden hidden in the lower car park of the Lane Cove Bowling Club, a few Larrikins a couple of Thirstys, at least one Wanderer, a fine compliment of Poshmen and a bristle of Harriettes showed up for this Queens Birthday Tuesday Run.
Up the drive, across Burns Road and into the night strode the pack led by none other than our Pres – MM who was suffering from Shit Box-itis, Darwin/Sydney jet lag, and then pig-packing from 5:30am. Whatta Man!
Next came YAKKITY who had been given the task of setting his Dick Tracy watch to record “ Where We Went” since the regular MapMan YOUR CHOICE was busy recciing next weeks Run at ManlyVale. Yak’s result above is not the complete Run – it is partly the Walkers Trail and partly where he went off trail, but you get the general idea.
Feeling the cold but also trying to keep up, DARWIN DON was never without a warm arm from RANCID or some other (maybe any other) Harriette. And so it went – WOMBAT, LAST PATROL, FRENCHIE, P DUB, GOON SHOW, MOISHE and GOD KNOWS how many LAUNDROMATS, MONGRELS and NYMPHS tucked into the Bowlo (designed and built in 1955) for a curious all-you-can-eat meal of chicken pieces and rissoles. An extra $2 was added to the price to pay for the Bucket at MISS BADDY’s Special Run – see below for details.
PHOTOS: NONE! Come back TIC-TOC
…AND AGAIN NEXT WEEK!
HARES: YOUR CHOICE (AGAIN)
START/ON-ON: MANLY VALE – Manly Vale Calabria Bowling Club, Lot 1 Campbell Parade (turn right into Campbell Parade off Condamine St travelling in a northerly direction)
BUCKET: In the carpark at the rear of the Clubhouse (turn left at the blue ” P club parking” sign and proceed down the dirt road to the carpark at the rear)
Having exhausted the contingent of “runners” to set Hash Runs including the top guns – CINDERS, and LIGHTNING for BENNY’S recent Summer-in-Winter Run, MOISHE is approaching Crisis mode for Hares.
We need every POSHman who runs more than four times a year to make his annual contribution and help set a Run otherwise we ‘fold the tent’
This is the travelling season for many of our retirees.
• JUNGLE J flew back from Darwin in the morning to catch the Run then he and CP are off to Vanuatu on Thursday.
• WRAPPER left his two most expensive items – his caravan and his wife – in Darwin for two days expressly not to miss our Run**, and then it was back up and onto the open road to add to the 7000K’s already travelled.
- After three months travelling around Italy/France and who cares where else, CAREFREE reported in from one of the properties he has accumulated on the Gold Coast. He ran with the GC Hash on Monday and expressed no sympathy whatsoever for the temperature difference we experience here
- S BENDS and SHEEPDIP are both off in different directions for several months
• FLASHER was last seen crossing through the Tick Gates into Queensland
• THE NEAT’S are now driving through the Pilbara and Kimberlys for a month
• CALICI is back for a few days before heading off OS for the seventh time this year
• TIC TOC is still relishing the Far North weather after his Shit Box Rally
• GOON SHOW has returned to sober up after a few sessions with CHASTITY in Hong Kong
* SWAMPY, SUPER and crew are off soon to another swimming challenge – this time to Malta
• SCUD and family are pointing their canal boat through France towards Beer in Brussels where a strong POSH contingent including LCL will join them.
• KL’s wife 3 SWIGS is off to Canada leaving him home along with 25 McDonald’s vouchers
GILLIAN GRAY “MISS BADDY TWO SHOES” Remembrance Run Saturday 28th June 2pm
GILLIAN hashed for 30 years so a Remembrance Run in the territory she knew best will be held at Watsons Bay on
START/BUCKET: Robertson Park , corner of Marine Parade and Clovelly St Watsons Bay.
ON ON: Watsons Bay Hotel in the Top and Middle decks of beer garden .—————————————————————————————————————————————
** actually WRAPPER flew down it was to see his newly arrived granddaughter)
No winner in the “BUMCRACK” contest (most picked females and one was only one-off).
I was sitting at the bar staring at my drink when a large, trouble-making biker steps up next to me, grabs my drink and gulps it down in one swig. “Well, whatcha’ gonna do about it?” he says, menacingly, as I burst into tears.
“Come on, man,” the biker says, “I didn’t think you’d CRY. Bloody hell man, I can’t stand to see a man crying.”
“This is the worst day of my life,” I said.
“I’m a complete failure. I was late to a meeting and my boss fired me.
When I went to the parking lot, I found my car had been stolen and I don’t have any insurance.
I left my wallet in the cab I took home. I found my wife with another man, and then my dog bit me.”
“So I came to this bar to work up the courage to put an end to it all – I buy a drink, I drop a capsule in and sit here watching the poison dissolve; then you show up and drink the whole thing ………but enough about me, how’s your day going?”